BRISTOL GROUP OF COMPANIES LTD. (“Bristol”) is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Bristol Web Site and governs data collection and usage. By using the Bristol Web Site, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Bristol may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on websites, including this website, operated by the companies within the Bristol group of companies (together, the “Group Companies”) (“Our Sites”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use any of Our Sites, subscribing to any services offered on Our Sites including but not limited to email mailing lists, competitions, games, interactive services, posting material or requesting further services. That information will usually include your name or a username and your email address, though from time to time some of the services Bristol provides may mean that Bristol asks you for more information. Bristol may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by a Group Company, and when you report a problem with any of ) Our Sites;
- The correct country or other territory in which you are located or are accessing Our Sites and your correct date of birth, which Bristol requires that you submit accurately to ensure that you do not access Our Sites if you are not of a legal age for consuming alcoholic beverages in the country or other territory in which you are located or are accessing Our Sites;
- If you contact us, Bristol may keep a record of that correspondence;
- A Group Company may also ask you to complete surveys to be used for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of any transactions you carry out through any of Our Sites and of the fulfilment of any orders by you; and
- Details of your visits to Our Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access; and
- Any information Bristol may collect about you from third party or off-line sources, and which Bristol may combine with information collected via Our Sites.
Bristol may collect information about your computer (including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. Our Internet servers may also keep track of the number of visitors to Our Sites, the pages they visited and how long they stayed. None of this information includes any personal information about you.
For the same reason, Bristol may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a “cookie” file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Bristol public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: Bristol does not read any of your private online communications.
Bristol encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web Sites you choose to link to from Our Sites so that you can understand how those Web Sites collect, use and share your information. Bristol is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web Sites outside of Our Sites
WHERE BRISTOL STORES YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The information you provide to Bristol is stored on our secure servers. Possible payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where Bristol has given you (or where you have chosen) a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as a part of a registration scheme or a security procedure to enable you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Bristol asks you not to share a password with anyone. In particular, you should not share your password with anyone who is not of Legal Drinking Age in the country or other territory in which you are located or are accessing Our Sites or to anyone in a country or other territory where use of Our Sites is not permitted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although Bristol will do our best to protect your personal data, Bristol cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to any of Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once Bristol has received your information, Bristol will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Bristol collects and uses your personal information to operate Our Sites and deliver the services you have requested. Bristol also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Bristol, its affiliates and its suppliers. Bristol may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
Bristol does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Bristol may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, Bristol may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Bristol, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Bristol does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
Bristol keeps track of the Web sites and pages our customers visit within Our Sites in order to determine what Bristol services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Bristol and Our Sites to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Bristol may also disclose your personal information to the following selected third parties:
- Our advertising and promotional agencies and consultants and those organisations selected by Bristol to carry out marketing campaigns or email mailings on our behalf or analyse or evaluate our data collection process or customer service fulfilment;
- Unaffiliated service providers with whom the Group Companies may subcontract, including advertising and promotional agencies, website hosting companies, fulfilment companies and other third party service providers;
- Unaffiliated partner organisations with whom the Group Companies may carry out joint campaigns or events, or operate Our Sites on which information about you is collected. In certain circumstances, those organisations may be joint data controllers of your information, together with Bristol. The Our Sites’ page on which you submit your information will tell you when this is the case;
- The prospective seller or buyer (other than a Group Company) of any Group Company’s business or assets, including where a Group Company or substantially all of its assets is acquired by a third party other than another Group Company, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If Bristol is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or in order to enforce or apply the Bristol Terms and Conditions of Website Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Group Companies, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Our Sites use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
By continuing to use Our Sites, you are deemed to consent to our use of the cookies described herein.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Our Sites’ pages, or register with the Bristol Web Site or services, a cookie helps Bristol to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Bristol Web Site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Bristol features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Bristol services or Web sites you visit.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
Our Sites are designed to appeal to adults. We do not knowingly solicit any information from children nor do we knowingly market or otherwise target Our Sites or its products or services to children. If we become aware that a visitor to Our Sites is under the Legal Drinking Age in the country or other territory in which he or she is located at the relevant time and has registered without verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her personal information from our files.